Setting up Google Search Console for better SEO results and reach
Search Console is a tool that can help anyone with a website to...
Google Search Console (formerly Google Webmaster Tools) is a free platform that allows anyone with a website to monitor and optimise their site's organic presence. Viewing your referring domains, mobile site performance, rich search results, and most-trafficked queries and pages are all part of this. Google Search Console is a tool that can assist anyone with a website in understanding how they are performing on Google Search and what they can do to improve their appearance on search in order to bring more relevant traffic to their websites. Google Search Console shows how Google crawls, indexes, and serves websites. This can assist website owners in tracking and optimizing Search performance. There is no need to log in to the tool every day. If new issues are found by Google on your site, you'll receive an email from Search Console alerting you. But you might want to check your account around once every month, or when you make changes to the site's content, to make sure the data is stable. Learn more about managing your site with Search Console.
Getting Started Manual from Google:
- Check the site's ownership. Get access to all of the information made available by Search Console. Learn more about proving your site's ownership.
- Make certain that Google can find and read your pages. The Index coverage report provides an overview of all the pages on your website that Google has indexed or attempted to index. Examine the list and try to fix any page errors or warnings.
- Examine the mobile usability issues that Google discovered on your site. The Mobile usability report identifies problems that your users may encounter while browsing your site on a mobile device.
- Consider sending a sitemap to Google Search Console. Google can find pages on your website without this step. However, submitting a sitemap through Search Console may hasten the discovery of your site. If you choose to submit it through the tool, you will be able to track information about it.
- Keep track of your website's performance. The Search performance report displays the amount of traffic you receive from Google Search, with breakdowns by queries, pages, and countries. Trends for impressions, clicks, and other metrics can be seen for each of those breakdowns.
GSC Verification Methods:
- HTML file upload: Upload a verification HTML file to a specific location of your website
- Domain name provider: Sign into your domain registrar (like GoDaddy, eNom, or networksolutions.com), and verify your site directly from GSC or add a DNS TXT or CNAME record.
- HTML tag: Add a tag to the section of a specific page's HTML code.
- Google Analytics tracking code: Copy the GA tracking code that you use on your site. (You need "edit" permission in GA for this option.)
- Google Tag Manager container snippet code: Copy the GTM container snippet code associated with your site. (You need View, Edit, and Manage container-level permissions in GTM for this option.)
We will be sharing a comprehensive guide to make use of Google Search Console, stay tuned to our blogs. For more updates subscribe to our news letter below and for demo of Hocalwire CMS - Get In Touch