- Where And How Pakistan Is Storing Nuclear Weapons According To US Scientists
- Demonetization In Rural India
- Business Special: Everything You Need To Know- 500, And 1000 Notes Rendered Illegal Tender
- TIPPING POINT 1.0: Aims To Showcase The Best Of Women Entrepreneurs In India
- A Green Arrow For Delhi's 10 Headed Demon
- A PEACEFUL SAYAGRAHA BY CODAVAS AT JANTAR MANTAR
- KarmaCircles, A Peer To Peer Social Learning Platform, Launches Leadership Program
- Calling All Startups! Win Cash Prizes Worth Up To $25,000 At The Wharton India Startup Competition
- Towards A New India: God Is Science
- देशभर की यूनिवर्सिटीज में अब हो सकेंगे गुरु गोबिंद सिंह और स्वामी दयानंद पर शोध। अजमेर सहित देशभर के आर्य समाजियों में खुशी।
Cop Shot Dead During Raid, Kin Refuses To Perform Rituals
A police sub-inspector named Akhtar Ali was killed in the line of duty in Dadri, Noida. He was conducting a raid in the city based on a tip off, the 12 member team which he was part of ran into a gun fight during which, he got shot dead.
The Noida police department got a tip off that a notorious gangster Sultan was hiding in Dadri, Noida area. A task force was created immediately and sent to the last known location. The raid was conducted at 5 am in the morning. Sultan is a wanted criminal with several cases of murder, robberies and loot registered against him. There were 3 goons who ran into an ambush subsequently killing Ali.
The family of the deceased officer have refused to perform his last rites asking for judgement. In an official statement, they have said that Ali's last rites will not be performed until the the culprits are arrested and brought to justice.
"Unless the killers are arrested we will not conduct the last rites," Akhtar's elder brother Wahid said.
Wahid, the brave officer's brother has also alleged that Ali's partner fled during the gun fight leaving him alone in a spot. There are also some eye witnesses that confirm Wahid's side of the story. Ali had joined the police force as a constable in the year 1998.
Via - ToI